The official blog of the Saved Content site

The aim of this blog is to collect and archive my selected thoughts, ideas, feelings, reactions, and opinions on subject matters that pique my interest. These entries represent initial drafts that may contain grammatical and spelling errors and whose substance and position could still change, and which, at some point, I could decide to put together into in-depth articles that will be posted on the main Saved Content and Poverty Sucks sites.

"God save us all from that evil Satanic Nazi, Paypal."

Avacus, My Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) of Choice

The Automatic Voltage Regulators or AVRs that I use for my high-value personal electronic entertainment appliances are comparably highly priced and heavy. My reason for choosing Avacus AVRs is because of their simple good looks, slim design, their single 110v and multiple 220v outlets, and their quality which is evidenced by their heavy weight.

I only trust my high priced electronic items with Avacus AVRs. I had four of them but the oldest conked out because my wife dropped it onto our concrete driveway. Although it is about 5 times more expensive than lightweight generic brands, it is very much worth it because of its quality and durability. The 500w Avacus models I use costs around $32.

For lower priced items or items that don't really consume too much power or don't have difficult to replace electronic parts, for them I can live with the lightweight cheap AVRs being sold by ElectroWorld/Abenson and Villman which cost about $6. The Villman AVR has a 110v outlet but the ElectroWorld/Abenson AVR doesn't.

Both cheap AVRs I mentioned are rated for 500w but I don't think they really live up to their ratings because they are so cheap and lightweight but they are more portable since they are so light. Weight and price are evidence of quality, durability, and compliance with ratings and standards since there are more materials used and, in addition, these materials have a higher grade.

That is why, even though Avacus AVRs are more expensive and are heavier, they are the only AVRs I can trust to use with my expensive electronic items primarily because of their quality and dependability.

The Avacus AVRs can be bought at many malls. I bought my cheap generic AVR at an Abenson near WalterMart E. Rodriguez because they have free parking. I'm planning to buy a cheap AVR at Villman West Avenue when I have the cash because they also have free parking.
 

1 comments:

John Daniels said...

Happy to know that there are such high quality automatic voltage regulator supplier in the Philippines like Avacus.

Post a Comment