The official blog of the Saved Content site

The aim of this blog is to collect and archive my selected thoughts, ideas, feelings, reactions, and opinions on subject matters that pique my interest. These entries represent initial drafts that may contain grammatical and spelling errors and whose substance and position could still change, and which, at some point, I could decide to put together into in-depth articles that will be posted on the main Saved Content and Poverty Sucks sites.

"God save us all from that evil Satanic Nazi, Paypal."

Looking again at TipidPC.com in 2011

I recently made another purchase at TipidPC.com (TPC) and this made me take a look back at my past transaction history.  It seems that I haven't been making many deals over the past 6 years.  In my first two years of buying and selling through TPC, I received feedback ratings for 44 transactions.  On the other hand, for the past 6 years, I've only had 9 deals that were represented by feedbacks.  I had no transactions in 2008 but I had 3 deals in 2009.

I bought an Asus riser card in 2006, which was my very last purchase of old P3 class hardware.  I then bought an old 10 mbps ethernet switch and 30 gb IDE hard drive in 2007.  The switch allowed our two routers to share one internet connection.  The hard drive was used to backup my family's pictures and was sent to my brother abroad.

In 2009, I bought a SuperCard Mini SD flash cart for Gameboy Advance games, and bought an Atom 330 motherboard and TomMade MicroATX case to build my desktop PC.  In 2010, I bought an old Linksys WiFi router for my new place.

Why the lack of deals for the past 6 years?  It's a symptom of a change in priorities.  I'm focusing more on increasing my available storage capacity through brand new storage components rather than building multiple PCs for learning purposes through used parts.

But the more vital and crucial reason is a financial one.  My primary priority now is on meeting the needs of my family.  Experiencing unemployment for three months, two times within 6 years showed how difficult it is to find the resources to support a family.  I realized that good times don't last forever, money doesn't last, and wealth means saving rather than spending.

The lack of financial resources resulted in my curtailing my purchases, especially at TPC.  Does looking at TipidPC.com again mean that things are looking up?
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment